SCADA stands for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition.
It is a system of Software and Hardware elements that allows the industrial organization to control fermenter and bioreactor processes locally or at remote locations. Monitor, gather, and process real-time data. Directly interact with devices such as sensors, valves, pumps, motors, and more through a human-machine interface known as HMI software. Record events into a log file. It is a control system architecture comprising computers, networked data communications, and graphical user interfaces (GUI) for high-level process supervisory management, while also comprising other peripheral devices like programmable logic controllers (PLC) and discrete proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controllers to interface with process plant or machinery. The use of SCADA has been considered also for management and operations of project-driven-process in the construction
The developed automated system for monitoring and process control. SCADA software is implemented on the basis of:
- Programmable logical controllers.
- The control panel has been designed with a color touch-screen monitor which is used for monitoring and management of the installation by the operator or automatically by the SCADA software. The developed SCADA system is working in real-time.
The main tasks are:
- Loading of input data and parameters of the technology process.
- Data transfer of information between the devices, PLC, and industrial computer via Ethernet and remote control via internet.
- Data archive in normal and emergency mode.